Nic Werneck Homepage
Main | Publications
I am an electrical engineer, and I obtained my doctorate at USP in 2012 supervised by Anna Helena Reali Costa. See my resume for more information.
Main research interests: pattern recognition, machine learning, computer vision, signal processing, optimization and computation in general.
A few selected publications:
- Corisco: Robust edgel-based orientation estimation for generic camera models (2013)
- Nicolau Leal Werneck and Anna Helena Reali Costa. Image and VIsion Computing 31(12), pp. 969–-981.
- Mapping with monocular vision in two dimensions (2010)
- Nicolau Leal Werneck and Anna Helena Reali Costa. International Journal of Natural Computing Research 1(4), pp. 56–65.
- Speeding up probabilistic inference of camera orientation by function approximation and grid masking (2011)
- Nicolau Leal Werneck and Anna Helena Reali Costa. 19th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision - WSCG’2011. WSCG2011 Communication proceedings.
- Monocular visual mapping with the Fast Hough Transform (2010)
- Nicolau Leal Werneck and Anna Helena Reali Costa. Anais do VI Workshop de Visão Computacional, ISSN: 2175-6120.
See more at the publications section.
- Small Akka-http + Dart application. Sources available at GitHub.
- WIP, right now it is just a Dart based piano that can record and play back.
More stuff at my GitHub account.
- Mostly about programming and technology. Whenever I have some cool piece of code I want to show other people, I talk about it here.
- Sufficient and Necessary Conditions
- My blog at SciLogs. About how science affects our lives and vice-versa. Kind of hibernating right now.
Elsewhere on the net
- Mostly news retweets and bad jokes.
- A few small projects and experiments, mostly.
- I love my badges! Trying to reach 90th percentile on Algorithms and FP right now.
- Some more professional information.
- Google Plus
- Usually not very active, but some interesting news sometimes that I only see there. Also a good place to post large content unfit for twitter.
I try to make all my work available in this webpage, but it is usually outdated. If you wish to contact me, please send an email with a reasonable subject to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Here is my public PGP key.